Unused Data?

Topics: Emulator Library
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I noticed in the initial construction of FountainState that there were no placeholders for the north end valve states, the weirs, and the south end mister. If I remember correctly, for some reason we do not have control over these physical objects? Nonetheless, they are described in the packet protocol. Should these data still be parsed and included in the FountainState? Perhaps it could be up to the emulator to display these or not?

In addition, should 0x3 and 0x4 simply be ignored?

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM

When I first sketched up FountainState, I wasn't looking at the cRIO panel. After looking at what the cRIO monitors, the FountainState should include:

• north end valve states
  • south end valve states
  • weir states
  • pump states
  • bollard states
  • the mister states (north and south)
  • the light states
  • pump vacuum states
  • cRIO chassis temperature (int)
  • Wind sensor
  • manhole is closed
  • sidewalk water level is ok
  • sidewalk disable is active

(unless noted, everything is a bool or a list of bools)

We have no control over the north end valves because they were not designed to be underwater and the north end pool flooded. I think that the weirs work, but they have been disconnected for the winter. This information should be in the FountainState, and it is up to the emulator implementation whether or not it should display the information given to it.

If 0x3 and 0x4 are the switch, then do nothing and use the next byte as the next switch.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Next time through the code (should be tomorrow or Saturday) I'll make the edits to the FountainState and ParseToFountainState and whatever else depends on that information.